1. Traditionalist brothers dominating over women and enforcing patriarchal norms.
2. Woman marrying her ideal but still unhappy.
3. An egoistic man and a hardworking woman linked by a tragic past.
- Khuda aur mohobbat
4. Class difference comes between an old friendship.
- Kahi Unkahi
5. Revenge of a loved one leads to losing another loved one.
- Yeh dil mera
6. True story of a heart-rending death of a known figure.
- Sadqay Tumhare
7. An old vengeance in form of a bet leading to guilt.
8. The only female of her family marries the only male of his family.
- Bin roye
- Prem gali
- Aunn Zara
9. A young woman not surrendering to deeply ingrained misogynistic values.
- Aakhri station
10. Brother-in-law trying to ruin sister-in-law’s marriage.
- Chup raho
- Khaali haath
|1. Raqs-e-bismil||6. Baaghi|
|2. Shehr-e-zaat||7. Dulhan|
|3. Alif||8. Aunn Zara|
|4. Daam||9. Sammi|
|5. Yeh dil mera||10. Khaali haath|
How many did you get right? Let us know on Instagram @femmerang.
Sanya Mithani is a content writer at Femmerang. She’s a lifestyle Instagram blogger passionate about books. Follow her on Instagram @bookshelf.and.closet.