By Saira Majid
- Therapy can reduce physical symptoms and boost your physical health.
- It can help people develop and foster passion, productivity, and balance in their lives.
- Therapy helps you untangle years of confusion and turmoil—and change unhealthy patterns.
- Therapy brings the benefit of a broader awareness to life, to not get wrapped up in a single way of living.
- It will give you a whole new perspective on other people.
- Talking about things gives them shape.
- You know you’re not alone.
- It will rewire your brain.
- It enables you to cope with daily life stressors on your own.
- So basically, when appropriate diagnoses are made and empirically supported treatments are undertaken, psychotherapy can be enormously beneficial in the treatment of a diverse range of psychological and physiological health issues.
Saira Majid is a Resident Psychologist at femmerang’s Mental Wellness Services. She is currently a professor as well.